Re: [SCM] Debian package checker branch, master, updated. 1.24.4-117-g99615b2

On Sat, 2008-09-13 at 17:04 +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 10:52:36AM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
[...]
> > This should possibly be another call to get_deb_info(), but that seemed
> > a little overkill when we already had the rest of the information; more
> > than happy to change it though.
[...]
> Anyway, the code can't stay that way because you do no error checking
> that the filename is sane (which we should not require). If the missing arch
> causes problems elsewhere, this should be fixed there.

Hmmm, good point. :-/

I'm not sure if it actually causes any problems, but when I was running
the harness using the new code the other day it was throwing an
uninitialized value warning for each package, as add_pkg_list() does

$self->add_file($type, $file, package => $pkg, version => $ver);

and add_file() uses a combination of type, package, version, arch and
filename to form a key in order to decide if the package has been seen
before.

add_pkg_list() could be modified to call get_{dsc,deb}_info based on
either the file extension or the "type" argument from the package file;
we would then either have to just extract the architecture and pass it
on or essentially throw away the package name and version information
from the package file and use those from get_*_info() instead.

Adam