Re: reporting/harness and stderr

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 07:06:22PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org> writes:
> > Are you sure that this is an udeb? I thought that was
> > systemimager-boot-{i386,ia64}-standard
>
> Oh, huh, maybe you're right.  I thought it was a udeb because Policy says
> you're not allowed to have device files in regular packages and I thought
> this always showed up while it was running through the udeb list when I
> was doing new full runs.  But it's been a while.

Ah, no, you were right. The error message for those is slightly different
(but same basic problem):
$ lintian systemimager-boot-i*
tar: ./usr/share/systemimager/boot/ia64/standard/initrd_template/dev/console: Cannot mknod: Operation not permitted
tar: ./usr/share/systemimager/boot/ia64/standard/initrd_template/dev/null: Cannot mknod: Operation not permitted
internal error.
internal error: could not unpack package to desired level: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
N: Skipping check of binary package systemimager-boot-ia64-standard
tar: ./usr/share/systemimager/boot/i386/standard/initrd_template/dev/console: Cannot mknod: Operation not permitted
tar: ./usr/share/systemimager/boot/i386/standard/initrd_template/dev/null: Cannot mknod: Operation not permitted
internal error.
internal error: could not unpack package to desired level: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
N: Skipping check of binary package systemimager-boot-i386-standard

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/