RFC: lintian laboratory format changes

Hi.

The current lintian laboratory has some limitations I would like to
address. Specifically these are:

1) It only saves one version per package
   (which is annoying if we would try to add support for experimental to
    lintian.debian.org)
2) It has no way to differentiate between different architectures of the
   same version of the same binary package
   (which is annoying if we would try to add support for more than i386
    to lintian.debian.org)

Solving this would probably be very straightforward (by adding more
levels of subdirectories in the laboratory), but it will require
some semantic descisions about when a specific version/architecture will
be removed.

But before starting with this work I would like to give my fellow
maintainers a opportunity to comment.
So, does anyone feel that the laboratory should remain simple and not be
adapted to support more than one version/architecture of a package?

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/