Re: people.debian.org to move to ravel

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 12:36:30PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 02:00:31PM +0200, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> > Once the move has been completed we expect to make gluck restricted to
> > the people operating the services that will remain on gluck, so please
> > clean out your homedir when you no longer need it there.
>
> So what's going to happen with lintian.debian.org, and will the lintian
> lab still be available to people who're not maintaining it? The lintian
> lab contains all packages in an extracted form, which can be useful for
> running statistics, or for having a look at random information -- for
> instance, I've been trying to do a survey of the README.source
> acceptance, so as to see whether the wording in policy is good enough as
> is or whether it might need some polishing for clarity, through use of
> the lintian lab.
>
> It'd suck majorly if J. Random Developer would have to jump through
> hoops in order to be able to access the lintian lab.

Maybe it would be a good idea in the long run to separate the
lintian.debian.org site from a developer accessible copy of
important files from all over the archive. There are certain
things I would want to see changed about the way lintian.debian.org
operates (but note that these are not discussed yet inside the
lintian team due to the sad fact that I was the only real lintian
maintainer in Argentina), and I do not know yet if it reasonable for
us to satisfy both needs (effective use of resources for
lintian.debian.org and developer access to a full lintian lab).

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/