Re: Upload ... now

On Fri, 2008-08-08 at 17:36 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org> writes:
>
> > I was pondering when best to do the next upload and I came to the
> > conclusion that there really will be no point where it is any more
> > feasible than at any other point. We currently have a very fluid way of
> > working that really has no definitiv mile stones as such. So I will just
> > upload now unless I find some critical bug during upload testing.
>
> Yup, go for it.  I keep coming up with more stuff I "should look at for
> the next release," and really that's rather silly; hopefully no one will
> be offended if stuff didn't make it into one version and makes it into the
> next.

That sounds familiar. :-) Fully agreed - if things are horribly broken
then we should fix them as soon as possible, but if an improvement ends
up waiting a while longer than it's not the end of the world.

> > Since we are in the freeze anyway, we don't need to wait for testing
> > migration. So I would propose that we try to aim for uploads about every
> > week (unless the particular week was very quiet), so that we have
> > smaller changesets to debug when the bugs come in.
>
> That would be great.  I won't personally have time to manage that, but I'm
> happy to contribute to it, and between all the DDs involved hopefully we
> can manage it.

I can't do much to help there (at least yet :) but it sounds good to me
as a rough target.

Adam