Re: [SCM] Debian package checker branch, master, updated. 1.24.2-6-g051f191

On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 11:08 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Well, lintian messages are full of such small examples (I'm for instance
> > thinking about the warning about "should not ignore errors from make"
> > which gives a nice bit of code to put in debian/rules.....which I find
> > useful when I have a package affected by this "problem".
>
> Yeah, poeople on mentors have very frequently thanked Lintian for those
> short solutions to the problem.  If the recommended command line isn't
> likely to change much, I tend to lean towards including it, even if it's
> also documented in the external reference.  Chasing down the reference
> takes more effort, particularly when running lintian from the command line
> where you don't get clickable hyperlinks.

On reflection, I agree that the example would be useful here. I've
committed an updated version of the tag:

  Tag: no-complete-debconf-translation
  Type: info
  Info: Even though this package provides debconf translation support, there
  are no  translations or none of the translations are complete. This may
  mean that translators weren't properly warned about new strings.
  .
  Translators may be notified of changes using podebconf-report-po, for
  example:
  .
   podebconf-report-po --call --withtranslators --deadline="+10 days" \
   --languageteam
  Ref: devref 6.5.2.2

Adam