Re: GSoC status: classification, output format and more

On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 13:59 -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> Russ Allbery wrote:
>
> > Jordà Polo <jorda@ettin.org> writes:
> >
> > standards-version is kind of sad.  Date::Parse is just incredibly slow.
> > We probably could get a substantial speedup by storing the standard
> > release dates in seconds since epoch instead of human-readable dates.
>
> What about 'compiling' some of that stuff at build-time?
> So the information is stored in a human-readable way but turned into a
> faster representation when the package is built. cpp could be (ab)used for
> that pourpose.

That strikes me as somewhat over-engineered.

The dates of policy releases are easily available to anyone who's
interested in the details and it's not like adding a comment against
each entry or turning a timestamp in to human-readable form is that
difficult.

Just MHO, obviously :)

Adam