Re: GSoC status: classification, output format and more

Russ Allbery wrote:

> Jordà Polo <jorda@ettin.org> writes:
>
> standards-version is kind of sad.  Date::Parse is just incredibly slow.
> We probably could get a substantial speedup by storing the standard
> release dates in seconds since epoch instead of human-readable dates.

What about 'compiling' some of that stuff at build-time?
So the information is stored in a human-readable way but turned into a
faster representation when the package is built. cpp could be (ab)used for
that pourpose.

Cheers,
--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.