Re: GSoC status: classification, output format and more

Jordà Polo <jorda@ettin.org> writes:

> Checks:
>
>   po-debconf           954.981
>   fields               776.158
>   cruft                425.962
>   standards-version    277.267
>   control-file         231.320
>   patch-systems        192.197
>   debhelper             60.784
>   rules                 51.172

fields should be possible to speed up considerably using the new
Lintian::Data interface.  I suspect that time is all going into opening
and closing all the individual files that hold control field values.

standards-version is kind of sad.  Date::Parse is just incredibly slow.
We probably could get a substantial speedup by storing the standard
release dates in seconds since epoch instead of human-readable dates.

I suspect that all the time in po-debconf is in intltool-update and
msgcmp.  In general, the checks that run external programs are the top
suspects for taking a long time.

Thank you very much for getting some data!