Re: Ideas wrt debconf templates checks

On Sat, 2008-07-05 at 18:22 +0000, Esko Arajärvi wrote:
> I got one more idea, but I'm not sure if it is feasible, because I know
> nothing of lintian's inner workings. Specifically I don't know if it has some
> kind of access to BTS, but let's try.

lintian's checks intentionally do not use any resources outside of the
package being checked.

This is so that one can use a given version of lintian to check a given
version of a package and always get the same result, and is the reason
that e.g. no checks are made as to whether the upstream site specified
in a watchfile actually exists.

Adam