Re: Some more patches

Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com> writes:
> Russ Allbery wrote:

> But now policy states:
>
>>  If multiple flags are given, they must be separated by whitespace
>
>> The only time it would break is if someone used some other build option
>> that contained the string searched for, which seems extremely unlikely.
>> I guess I could maybe see an info tag suggesting using filter instead,
>> but I think it's a lot of noise for a very theoretical gain.

> Should policy say s/must/should in the above quoted sentence then?

Policy is specifying how the parameter is set, not how it's parsed.  I
intentionally avoided specifying how it was parsed in the new Policy
language in part because of this; I didn't want to outlaw the existing
parsing practice and make a ton of packages buggy.

findstring continues to work for parsing all of the flags that are
currently standardized (although it might not work for some conceivable
future flags).