Re: Some more patches

[CC'ing ftp-masters]

Russ Allbery wrote:

> Russ Allbery <...> writes:
>
>> The PHP 2.x tag saying that it's non-free bothers me without a reference
>> from ftp-master that it's non-free, and I don't see anything about PHP
>> 2.x
>> specifically in the REJECT FAQ.  I'm personally not very comfortable with
>> Lintian making any judgements about licenses; the PHP
>
> Finishing this thought...
>
> the PHP license is a special case since it's singled out in the REJECT
> FAQ, and I'm generally in favor of writing tests for that stuff for
> multiple reasons, but I want to stay clear of any license controversies if
> we can.

Well, the problem is that the discussion of the PHP licences is spread in
several threads all around -legal. But it is probably better to just
paraphrase the tag and description (as it is not suitable at all for
anything by PHP itself, and even in that case there are some issues because
of the Zend engine). The whole thing is a nightmare :-/.

Or what's the ftp-masters opinion?

Cheers,
--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.