Re: foo++ failing test

Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> writes:

> We should leave the errors: it remains an error in the .dsc to have it
> multi-line. However, the way to specify uploaders in debian/control may
> now be multiline, which is useful, and not buggy. Maybe by the letter of
> the policy, don't know how it really refers to debian/control as opposed
> to .dsc, but if so the policy should be changed. debian/control is only
> automagically parsed by dpkg, which puts it folded in the .dsc, where
> it's automatically parsed by $therest.

This sounds great.  Thank you very much for taking care of this update!

The Policy bug in question is #148194.  It's somewhat difficult right now
to say in Policy that folding is allowed for debian/control but not for
.dsc and .changes, since right now the fields for all three are defined
together and folding is said to only be allowed if the specific field
description says it is.  This area will require some restructuring to make
an exception for debian/control.

Sorry for not following up on this faster.  I've been working hard on a
new WebAuth release and haven't had time for much else in the past few
days.