Re: Proposed change in maintainers/uploaders of lintian

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 06:20:50PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 02:21:53AM +0100, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> > In order to effectively change lintian to a group maintained package, I
> > suggest the following patch.
>
> Yeah, but I'd prefer to have Colin Watson or another more 'senior' developer
> look over the upload before you do guys it. Not that I don't trust you, but
> merely it shouldn't be hard to find a more experienced developer to
> proofread stuff.

Okay, I understand. I see I didn't even mention Colin Watson in the
'Uploaders', which was more by accident than by intention.

My idea about an upcoming upload was (and is) as follows:
- fix the utf-8 changelog check patch, or either back it out for now so
  the upload won't be stalled too much by it
- call for a bit of testing after this aforementioned issue is solved
  either way, providing an apt-gettable export of current subversion.
- after a day or two without negative feedback, go for upload. I've now
  added to wait for Colin (or you, Josip) to give his OK, as a more
  active rather than passive check (as I intended before).

Note that by the commit messages to this list, any applied patch can be
seperately judged by anyone.

With this provision (agreement, promise, whatever) (== no upload without
prior Colin/Josip approval), do you find the patch acceptable (adding
also Colin Watson to the list of uploaders)?

My rationale for still adding Frank and myself to uploaders, is a
commitment to lintian and a more public way of saying who are actively
developing on lintian. Which is an incentive to do more, and keep doing
lintian work. Of course, I do not know whether Frank Lichtenheld is
agreeing to be added, and what his opinion on this is, so that needs to
be cleared up too.

Colin, what do you think? Are you willing to review uploads?

> Speaking of which, I got some time now but since you guys are fixing Lintian
> I'll work on something else that can't be handled like that.

Okay, no problem. Good thing you mention it though.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl