Re: tomboy-ng package with non standard license.

Hunspell to Pascal Bindings

Given that I only need five functions from this library, in reality, all
I would do is read through the .h file and write the necessary code
directly.  I need (ie prefer) it to be a Class, so the output from h2pas
would require a measure of rewriting anyway.

(h2pas delivers the equivalent of C code, I want the equivalent of C++
code, Object Pascal)

I have just had a quick look at the hunspell.h file, its a 30 minute job
of copy and paste, changing the C syntax to Pascal and rearranging into
a class. I would put just the bindings into a hunspell.inc Pascal
Include file to keep the "hunspell.h inspired" content away from my own
code that actually accesses it.  Will be five short lines, maybe a few
more if I can understand the other functions (that I am not using)
sufficiently.

I consider this all very artificial, if anyone is to ask me to prove I
was not guided by the original hunspell.pas file, I cannot ! I have read
and am quite familiar with the original 2013 hunspell.pas file, I will
clearly be guided by what I know is in there, its not, in any way, a
Clean Room write. In fact, in the past, I have looked at how its done in
the original hunspell.pas file to see how to do something else, similar
but unrelated.

But it will end up with the hunspell license (unchanged). The only
hunspell code I will look at is the hunspell.h file, I won't be making
any changes to it but need to point to it on Hunspell's github page. And
add the somewhat wordy license statement to my debian/copyright file.
Both will appear on my tomboy-ng github page.

It may be appropriate to make the binding inc file (and some of my
spelling code) available in a stand alone repo to avoid other FreePascal
users going down the path I have.

This will all happen when time permits.

David