Re: Packaging text licenses

On 12/14/19 2:01 PM, Baptiste BEAUPLAT wrote:
> On 12/14/19 1:03 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>> A rich collection of Free license fulltexts is relevant, not only for
>> our users to pick from (even on a lonely island) and copy into new
>> development project, but also as reference e.g. for testing license
>> checkers.
>>
>> What is _not_ helpful in my opinion, however, is yet another manually
>> curated selection of random license texts.  What I see generally useful
>> is to package this: https://github.com/spdx/license-list-XML

I had another look around the repository. The tool used to "compile"
those XML files into text, html, json and so on is written in java with
a lot of dependencies that are not present in Debian yet.

I am not willing to introducing dozens of new packages just to produce a
text result of those sources files.

I'm wondering if packaging the "data" repository[1] would be acceptable?
On one hand it is generated, but one the other, it is still plain text
files.

[1]: https://github.com/spdx/license-list-data

--
Baptiste BEAUPLAT - lyknode