Re: FRR package in Debian violates the GPL licence

El 21/3/19 a les 11:17, Giacomo Tesio ha escrit:
> So why do you think that this is a "toxic precedent"?

No free software could run under Windows without proper Microsoft
licensing: Firefox, Libreoffice...

No free software could use or implement compatible Windows services,
either server or client, without proper Microsoft licensing: Samba,
rdesktop...

That would make Linux and Windows ecosystems fully disjoint. This would
force me to use Windows to do the work I'm paid for and for which I've
been using Debian for 10 years.

OTOH, that would make the software patent problem fully irrelevant
because copyright would cover what currently is being enfonced by patent
licensing.