Re: FRR package in Debian violates the GPL licence

Giacomo Tesio <giacomo@tesio.it> writes:
> On 20/03/2019, Ole Streicher <olebole@debian.org> wrote:
>> This does not match section 1, which allows the distribution of
>> unmodified files along with the proper license information.
>>
>> Again: Could you please point to the section in the GPL that is
>> violated?
>
> The "with the proper license" part. ;-)

As far as I checked, all unmodified GPL licensed files keep the short
GPL statement in the file, and are accompanied with a copy of the GPL in
the project's root directory. To cite the relevant section from GPL:

| 1. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Program's source
| code as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you conspicuously
| and appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate copyright notice
| and disclaimer of warranty; keep intact all the notices that refer to
| this License and to the absence of any warranty; and give any other
| recipients of the Program a copy of this License along with the Program.
|
| You may charge a fee for the physical act of transferring a copy, and
| you may at your option offer warranty protection in exchange for a fee.

This all is respected, for each unchanged file. I don't see a violation
here.

Best

Ole