Re: FRR package in Debian violates the GPL licence

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019, Giacomo wrote:

On March 18, 2019 4:44:09 PM UTC, Paul Jakma <paul@jakma.org> wrote:
On Mon, 18 Mar 2019, Giovanni Mascellani wrote:

I think I have seen MIT/BSD pieces of code in most of the GPL
projects
I have looked into.

Nothing in the advice I have received precludes the happy co-existence
of MIT/BSD code with GPL code in the same project.

You might want to have a look at [1]. Each module might have its own license but the whole work has to be licensed under GPL.
Maybe [2] helps as well when you replace "public domain" by MIT license.

  Thorsten

[1] https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0-faq.en.html#IfLibraryIsGPL
[2] https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0-faq.en.html#CombinePublicDomainWithGPL