Re: FRR package in Debian violates the GPL licence

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019, Giovanni Mascellani wrote:

I think I have seen MIT/BSD pieces of code in most of the GPL projects I have looked into.

Nothing in the advice I have received precludes the happy co-existence of MIT/BSD code with GPL code in the same project.

The cases you have in mind, presumably, are those where BSD/MIT code has been imported but /not/ modified and extended such that that code derives from GPL licensed code.

Which is a different case to this case.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma | paul@jakma.org | @pjakma | Key ID: 0xD86BF79464A2FF6A