Re: Are register names and locations under copyright?

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 5:13 PM, Philipp Klaus Krause wrote:

> The source file would be pic16f1320.inc, which is part of gputils (which
> is packaged in Debian, the .inc file gets installed to
> /usr/share/gputils/header/pic16f1320.inc).

Hmm, I'm not sure these files should be in Debian main, a lot of them
say "Copyright 1999-2014 Microchip Technology, All rights reserved"
without specifying any license.

> For the future (i.e. post 3.7.0 release), SDCC plans to no longer ship
> the .h files for PIC in the tarball. Instead they would be generated at
> build-time from the .inc source files in the installed gputils.

That sounds like a reasonable plan, except it runs into the above
problem. The current situation also runs into that problem though.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise