Re: IUPAC/InChI-Trust Licence DFSG-Compliant ?

* On 02/26/2018 10:28 PM, Ole Streicher wrote:
> The LGPL-2.1 starts with
>
> | Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
> | of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.
>                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> I am therefore wondering whether the IUPAC/... license text violates
> itself the LGPL license conditions and cannot be distributed in Debian
> at all?

IANAL: they have not changed LGPL-2.1, but copied it and released it under a
different name.

As far as I understand, it would only be violating LGPL-2.1, if the text was
changed, but the original name retained (since in such a case, naturally, you'd
be getting something that isn't LGPL-2.1 under the LGPL-2.1 name).

By changing the name as well, they made clear that this is not LGPL-2.1, so I do
not see any violation.

Mihai