Re: French gov open license

Jérémy Lal <kapouer@melix.org> writes:

> I don't think there is such a thing named "recognized by DFSG".

I agree.

> A license can pass DFSG or not, and this one, after reading it,
> seems to be okay.

More precisely, “pass DFSG” is not something we can ask of licenses.
Rather, the DFSG are for evaluating a *work* proposed for entry to
Debian.

Until we have a work to examine, with a grant of license from the
copyright holders (and holders of other monopolies) in that work, the
question of DFSG doesn't even come up.

So, the question will need to be asked about a work proposed for entry
into Debian.

--
 \     “For myself, I am an optimist — it does not seem to be much use |
  `\              being anything else.” —Winston Churchill, 1954-11-09 |