Re: Include pieces of internal kernel header in GPL-3 project

Hey,

the problem is that this structure was in a uapi header until Linux 4.4
but it was replaced by a new header file in this kernel version. I'm not
the upstream author of the code so I'm not sure if there is another way
to access the functionality used in the software project. Of course you
are right that it is a good idea to look for another kernel interface
instead of copy the necessary structure to an own header file...

Anyway, it would be interesting for me if this usage of pieces of a
kernel header file is possible in GPL-3 project?

Best regards,
Jan