Re: "Use as you wish" license

Hi Roberto,

Quoting Roberto (2016-07-05 11:36:02)
> On Tue, Jul 05, 2016 at 03:55:33PM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> > So I think it is too risky to accept such a license if there is no
> > explicit permission to all the freedoms needed for DFSG works.
>
> Thank you for your answers. It seems there are different views on this
> so it's probably better to avoid files under that license if I want a my
> program eventually included in Debian, I suppose.

if the original author of the software really meant "do with it whatever you
like - really, everything" when they wrote "Use as you wish", then I'm sure
they will give you a positive reply when you ask them whether it would be
possible for them to relicense their work under a very simple license like
MIT/Expat. Just drop the author an email and ask. :)

Thanks!

cheers, josch