Re: "Use as you wish" license

Roberto <roberto@zenvoid.org> writes:

> Is "Use as you wish" an acceptable license?

There are widely divergent interpretations of “use” in copyright
licenses. Some will interpret it to mean practically any action at all;
some will restrict it to mean only private use within a code base, but
not redistribution or modification.

So I think it is too risky to accept such a license if there is no
explicit permission to all the freedoms needed for DFSG works.

I would advise anyone writing such a grant of license to avoid the word
“use” entirely, and state precisely what freedoms are granted.

--
 \           “I know that we can never get rid of religion …. But that |
  `\   doesn’t mean I shouldn’t hate the lie of faith consistently and |