Re: R packages licensed MIT but not shipping a copy of the MIT license itself

Le Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 03:32:01PM +0000, Mattia Rizzolo a écrit :

> Still, I think the way the R project distributes MIT-licensed stuff is
> not ok.

Hi Mattia,

the R packages distributed on the Comprehensive R Archive Network (CRAN) are
uploaded there by their own authors, therefore I think that even if the MIT
license text is actually missing from the packages, there is no problem that
CRAN distributes them.

Also, please note that R ships a copy of the MIT license; in Debian it is in
`/usr/share/R/share/licenses/MIT`.  So R users have all the information they
need.

Have a nice day,

Charles

--