Re: R packages licensed MIT but not shipping a copy of the MIT license itself

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 12:07 AM, Paul R. Tagliamonte wrote:

> FWIW, I've been rejecting them where I see them. Mind filing serious bugs on
> those 11?

It seems like Debian is compliant with the MIT license for those
packages, so this probably only an issue for redistributors who are
not redistributing Debian source packages.

If it came to court, I expect "we preserved the upstream license
notices" would probably be a reasonable defence.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise