Re: Status of US Government Works in foreign countries

Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:

> One large problem: I can't see that the above conditions grant freedom
> to redistribute in modified or unmodified form. That fails the DFSG, by
> my reading.

Another large problem: the stated conditions do not grant freedom for
the recipient to grant license to anyone else under the same terms. That
also fails the DFSG.

> By comparison, the Expat license grants permission:

If the copyright holder were to grant license under the Expat license
conditions, that would fix both of the above problems.

--
 \        “[R]ightful liberty is unobstructed action, according to our |
  `\        will, within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of |