Re: Questions about libntru license/ntru patent status

I would add that the OpenSSL folks have stated that they currently intend to relicense, but have unfortunately tentatively decided on yet another GPLv2 incompatible license.  I have asked them to reconsider using the UPL, the MIT license, or some other permissive GPLv2 compatible license, but as yet this has not gotten traction.

I have also been working on a Universal FOSS Exception (of which the FSF, SFLC and others are aware) which may better facilitate your use case and which the NTRU folks might consider adopting for this purpose - if anyone is interested they can ping me off-list.

 Regards,
  Jim