Re: Questions about libntru license/ntru patent status

Paul Wise writes ("Re: Questions about libntru license/ntru patent status"):
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 2:19 AM, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Are there any parts of Tor which currently have GPL-incompatible
> > licences ?  (Hopefully not.)
>
> Tor uses OpenSSL.

Bah.

Well, then to use NTRU Tor would have to rely on the "FOSS Exception"
which seems to have been rather poorly worded.

I think this is probably fixable since it seems that the "FOSS
Exception" is probably intended to allow this, but as written I think
it has some problems.

The FSF have published a short guide for how to write a GPL exception:
  http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.en.html#GPLIncompatibleLibs

That would seem to be readily applicable to what NTRU want to do.
Perhaps NTRU could be persuaded to adopt that text, or something like
it.

Ian.