Re: License of binary packages

David Prévot <taffit@debian.org> writes:

> Le 13/11/2014 16:37, Ben Finney a écrit :
>
> > The ‘debian/copyright’ file is installed by each binary package
> > ‘foopackage’ as the ‘/usr/share/doc/foopackage/copyright’ file, and
> > constitutes the copyright information for that binary package.
>
> That’s an incomplete description of how dh_installchangelogs works,
> more information is available in dh_installchangelogs(1) (e.g., you’re
> free to provides the debian/foopackage.copyright file in the source
> that will be installed in /usr/share/doc/foopackage/copyright, but you
> can also override it or not use debhelper at all).

True, my apologies. I was mistakenly assuming the package in question
uses Debhelper to install copyright files. Nonetheless, the copyright
for each binary package is in the source package, in the vast majority
of Debian packages.

--
 \     “Don't be misled by the enormous flow of money into bad defacto |
  `\    standards for unsophisticated buyers using poor adaptations of |