Re: CC0 and authors' names in Copyright field

On 02/10/13 08:49, Gioele Barabucci wrote:
> (BTW, is the fact that CC0 is a "licence"
> rather than a "dedication" an accepted POW? I thought it was still an
> open question.)

My understanding is that it's both, stuck together, in one convenient
document - to work around the jurisdictions where you can't relinquish
copyright, and the jurisdictions where it's unclear whether you can or not.

The tl;dr version of CC0 is "if my jurisdiction lets me put this work in
the public domain, I'm doing that, and if not, you may copy/modify it
under this very broad permissive license". The quantum superposition
won't collapse unless it becomes relevant to a court case :-)