Re: Inquire of ECCN/LE of Debian 6.05

Dear Steve Langasek,

Thank you.

> If you are intending to export products from the US that include the Debian
> OS, then it would appear you would need to confirm this yourselves, yes.
> Since you appear to be based in Japan, I don't understand why you would need
> an ECCN certification from the BIS.  Does Japan not have its own process for
> ECCN determinations under the Wassenaar Arrangement?

Japan has its own process for export control under theWassenaar Arrangement.
However, US regulations require the we (even though located outside US) need to confirm the ECCN under US regulations in the case of that we export US origin product (technical information) from our country (outside US) to other country.
This is the reason we request the ECCN information to you.

I understand the correct status. Thank you for you information.

Kind regards,
Rieko Nagao
Rieko Nagao
Gyoseishoshi Lawyer