No source code for wesnoth-music

Hi,
I've found that music tracks for The Battle for Wesnoth (package wesnoth-music in Debian) are only provided as compressed Ogg Vorbis files, without any information used to generate them. I have two questions:

* Does wesnoth-music comply with DFSG? I've heard that at certain point DFSG only applied to programs, but later firmware, documentation and other materials were also included. Does DFSG (and, specifically, its requirement of having source code included) apply to music?

* Does distributing wesnoth-music without source code comply with its license (GPL 2+)?

There was some discussion about this problem on wesnoth forums [1][2]. It mentions that at least some of music files in question were generated using proprietary software, and that even the authors can't regenerate some of them anymore.

[1] http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?t=21082
[2] http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?t=30728

--
Evgeny Kapun