Re: Debian official web site is still non-free

On Sun, 08 Jan 2012, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> I don't think you should make absolute statements for *all* the
> people opposing copyright assignments, while being yourself only one
> of them.

I personally don't really see the need for copyright assignments,
unless we foresee the need to enforce the copyright. Instead, a
properly written maximally permissive grant (with the ability to
sublicence) to SPI or some other appropriate body in addition to
licensing the work under the currently understood set of licenses.

Or, if we decide that we won't ever need to relicense, we can just
continue on with proper licensing terms.

Don Armstrong

--
Where I sleep at night, is this important compared to what I read
during the day? What do you think defines me? Where I slept or what I