Re: copyright law wackyness

* Paul Wise:

> Anyone else know of any weird copyright law around the world?

The main problem here is that authors might change their mind and try
to extract compensation from users which appear to be in compliance
with the license, right?

Germany has the same problem, I think, because in order to protect
authors from distributors (which are often quasi-monopolistic), there
are limits to what license grants authors can make.  As a result, a
similar situation could theoretically arise.  My favorite example is
an author objecting to a Windows port of her software, on the grounds
that it's misrepresentation of her work.