copyright law wackyness

Hi all,

I read an extraordinary claim about the GPL on IRC and during the
ensuing discussions I discovered a couple of countries with unusual
copyright law.

In Slovakia apparently license grants have to be "in writing", meaning
most software licenses have no effect and anyone participating in Free
Software is potentially doing so illegally. In addition, license grants
must be to specific persons.

http://mujlt.law.muni.cz/storage/1205528865_sb_07-ezattler.pdf

Apparently the Czech Republic had similar issues until 2000.

Anyone else know of any weird copyright law around the world?

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise