Re: The "Evil Cookie Producer" case

On 08/03/11 18:17, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Andrew Ross:
>
>> "In accordance with Section 7(b) of the GNU Affero General Public
>> License, you must retain the producer line in every PDF that is created
>> or manipulated using iText."
>
> What is a "producer line"?  Is this visible on the page, or is this
> some information in the PDF header?

The producer line is metadata in the PDF which can typically be viewed
on a properties page in the PDF viewer. It is not visible on the page.

> In any case, pdftk uses libitext-java and needs to avoid such changes,
> I think.

The version of iText used by pdftk is 2.1.7, which was released under
the MPL or LGPL, with no additional terms.

If I package iText5 it would be as libitext5-java since there are api
changes too so we'd want to be able to have them alongside each other.

Andy