Re: S3TC patent violation in multiple packages?

On 27/12/10 15:41, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 00:52:36 +0000, Wols Lists wrote:
>
>> Any attempt to sue a European distributor would hopefully (a) get shut
>> down damn fast, and (b) be a painful experience for the plaintiff.
>>
> Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

Depends where you are.

But it shouldn't be too hard, in UK courts at least, to file to have it
dismissed in summary judgement. I don't know about other European
jurisdictions, but we do have case law to back up the European Patent
Treaty ban on software patents.

Which means it's not likely to be expensive for the plaintiff :-(
because the defendant won't have incurred much cost.

Cheers,
Wol