Re: S3TC patent violation in multiple packages?

Le lundi 27 décembre 2010 à 23:22 +0000, Wols Lists a écrit :
> But it shouldn't be too hard, in UK courts at least, to file to have it
> dismissed in summary judgement. I don't know about other European
> jurisdictions, but we do have case law to back up the European Patent
> Treaty ban on software patents.

Patents on picture compression are among the few kinds of software
patents that can be valid in Europe. They would, of course, be much
harder to enforce than in the US, but they are, unfortunately, legal.

--
 .''`.
: :' :     “You would need to ask a lawyer if you don't know