Re: S3TC patent violation in multiple packages?

Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> writes:

> Lots of stuff is covered by US patents.
>
> Debian mostly disregards patents which aren't actively enforced, I
> don't think we should care about this until/unless the patent holder
> comes and threatens us.

Yes. More broadly, and in line with the Debian social contract, we
should not care about this until/unless there is a credible threat of
this patent wielded against *any* potential user of Debian (not just the
Debian project itself).

--
 \         “I call him Governor Bush because that's the only political |
  `\              office he's ever held legally.” —George Carlin, 2008 |