Re: Inappropriate use of Debian logo.

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:

> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 5:32 AM, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> > But it's a burden to be borne now.
>
> I don't really agree, we can have another logo competition. These days
> we have several artists involved with Debian so we might get a great
> logo.

I agree with the latter; the software submitted to Debian has grown to
include a lot of non-program software of excellent quality, including
images from talented pixel-slingers.

But getting submissions of good logos wasn't my concern.

My reason for seeing the current logo as difficult to change is that I
am doubtful the Debian project would look favourably on a call for
choosing a new logo, especially in light of the seemingly interminable
and painful process that led to choosing the current one.

But that pessimism could well be unfounded; perhaps the experience of
that process has taught us something more constructive than “avoid doing
anything like that again”. Feel free to rally the appropriate people for
changing the logo if you think it can be done.

--
 \       “We jealously reserve the right to be mistaken in our view of |
  `\      what exists, given that theories often change under pressure |