do DFSG require that derived works use the original licence?

Hello,

I went through the Debian Free Software Guidelines (DFSG) and I have
a question to point number 3 - Derived works - which states:

# The license must allow modifications and derived works, and must allow
# them to be distributed under the same terms as the license of the
# original software.

If I understand it correctly, it must be allowed by the original licence
that the license of the derived work is identical (or almost identical).
But it is not required that the licence remains unchanged, it might be
different.

However, the description of free software referenced on the main website
of debian (http://www.debian.org/intro/free) contains following:

# Authors of free software on the other hand are generally looking for
# some combination of the following:
#
# - Not allowing use of their code in proprietary software. Since they
#   are releasing their code for all to use, they don't want to see
#   others steal it. In this case, use of the code is seen as a trust:
#   you may use it, as long as you play by the same rules.
# - Forcing any work that includes part of their work (such works are
#   called derived works in copyright discussions) to use the same
#   license.

As far as I know, GPL requires it. But it seems to me that DFSG do not.
Does it mean that it would be possible to include software in Debian
that could be derived and licensed otherwise than the original software?
And does it mean that such derived software might even be a proprietary
software?

Lukas