Re: The Debian open logo with "Debian" is not compliant to the Debian policy (RC bugs #587482, #587664 and #587668)

On 02/11/10 13:55, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> (Context: while hunting for an RC bug to fix, I fell on #587668 and then asked
> for advice on #debian-release, where a discussion was held. Here's my summary of
> the issue.)
>
> As the title of the bugreports mention, the issue is that the Debian Open Use
> Logo (DOUL) with "Debian" is not compliant to the DFSG. The consensus seems to
> be that it certainly fails #3 and #6, and (to some extent), #8.

<snip>
> (My opinion is "no", but while interesting, it doesn't actually matter.)
>
> Looking forward for more enlightening answers, cheers,
>
> OdyX

The problem is, that while copyright may be involved, this is not a
copyright issue.

It's a trademark issue.

And that makes it a completely different kettle of fish.

Cheers,
Wol