Re: Copyright on small shell script

markus schnalke asked:
> [1] http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2000-09/0392.html
[...]
> I surely do want to give credit. My point is about including 18162
> bytes of license for 262 bytes of straight forward code.
>
> What do you think?

I think the email from Marco is trivial because he says so.

I think the improved script on the postfix list crosses the
creativity threshold and could be subject to copyright.  However,
if no copyright holder has identified themselves, I doubt they
can prove it, but that's not usually enough for debian - we try
to be nice to programmers and respect their work.  Copyright
holders don't absolutely have to identify themselves, says
http://www.iusmentis.com/copyright/crashcourse/requirements/

It might even be able to suggest that posting it to
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2000-09/0392.html
implies a permissive licence, but it would be nicer to ask
luciano l. mannucci and Wietse Venema if their part can be used
under whatever licence.

> Please CC me as I'm off-list.

Done.

Hope that helps,