Copyright on small shell script

I need some advice in my packaging work.

The context is bug #389731 [0] for the mail transfer agent `masqmail'.

[0] http://bugs.debian.org/389731

I'd like to add a small script to the package in order to fix the bug.
It is the way postfix provides this function (in upstream) too.

The script I'd like to incorporate into the masqmail package is:

---- 8< ----
#!/bin/sh

# Dummy UUCP rmail command for postfix/qmail systems

SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
IFS=" " read junk from junk junk junk junk junk junk junk relay

case "$from" in
 *[@!]*) ;;
      *) from="$from@$relay";;
esac

exec $SENDMAIL -i -f "$from" -- "$@"
---- 8< ----

It seems to originate from postfix. However, qmail is mentioned too.
My web recherche revieled this thread [1] which improved the original
script. Haven't found information about the original script and where
it really origins from. (Haven't asked the postfix team yet.)

[1] http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2000-09/0392.html

My question is, how I have to deal with the copyright.

Do I have to add the IBM Public License to masqmail if I add this
script, or is the script below the level that qualifies it as
non-trivial creation (don't know the correct term in English)?

I surely do want to give credit. My point is about including 18162
bytes of license for 262 bytes of straight forward code.

What do you think?

meillo

P.S.
Please CC me as I'm off-list.