Re: BOINC: lib/cal.h license issue agree with the DFSG?

Nicolas Alvarez <nicolas.alvarez@gmail.com> wrote:
> MJ Ray wrote:
> > I'm not convinced that there is consensus on choice-of-venue being
> > acceptable.  I suspect there's a mix of considering it acceptable,
> > thinking we can fight it when needed and ignorance.
>
> This choice-of-venue discussion looks like it won't get consensus soon, and
> it is getting us away from the original thread topic.
>
> How about we try this? Let's assume for a moment that choice-of-venue is
> both acceptable and allowed by the DFSG. Then look at the *rest* of the
> cal.h license terms instead of continuing the argument about this one.

I agree that one failure makes it fail to follow the DFSG, but if
someone's going to contact AMD, it seems worth addressing all problems
and not let things like choice-of-venue get dismissed because they're
usually merely controversial rather than clear-cut REJECT reasons.

Given the number of problems and possible problems, requesting a
switch to something Expat-like seems a good option to me.

Hope that helps,
--
MJR/slef