Re: BOINC: lib/cal.h license issue agree with the DFSG?

On Monday 04 January 2010 11:33:15 am Walter Landry wrote:
> Sean Kellogg <skellogg@probonogeek.org> wrote:
> > On Sunday 03 January 2010 09:52:04 am Francesco Poli wrote:
> >> [While you are at it, could you please set a sane wrap value?  Long
> >> lines in your e-mail messages are unpractical to read on web archives
> >> and to reply to...]
> >
> > The archive looks fine [1],
>
> The official archive does not
>
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2010/01/msg00030.html
>
> > and in my experience more mail clients prefer to wrap on their own
> > than my client doing it for them. Yes, this is a particular problem
> > with Outlook... and yes, that's what most of the recipients of my
> > email use.
>
> Many people on this list prefer for you to line wrap.  Most people
> on this list do not use Outlook, since it is not packaged for Debian.

Wow... what a truly brilliant discovery! Using kmail in the only way that doesn't cause massive unreadability issues on a huge number of mail clients in the world and has zero problems on the major web email clients or Thunderbird or kmail itself breaks the debian official archive? Yet works fine on an unofficial archive!?

Truth be told, I've been looking for a good reason to jump off this list for years (I think I've been a subscriber under one address or another for like nine years now).

I'll spare you the diatribe, you know the song and dance already.

Ciao,
Sean

--
Sean Kellogg