Re: BOINC: lib/cal.h license issue agree with the DFSG?

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 09:16:43 -0800 Sean Kellogg wrote:

> On Sunday 03 January 2010 09:52:04 am Francesco Poli wrote:
[...]
> > [While you are at it, could you please set a sane wrap value?  Long
> > lines in your e-mail messages are unpractical to read on web archives
> > and to reply to...]
>
> The archive looks fine [1]
[...]
> [1] http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-legal@lists.debian.org/msg40546.html
[...]

Walter Landry has already pointed out that this is not the official
archive...

[...]
> > Also, my goal is not to "inject controversy".
> > I just express my opinion, in the sincere hope that it can help in
> > enhancing Debian.  When decision-makers disagree with me, I still hope
> > I can persuade them to change their minds.  Whenever I am *aware* that
> > my opinion is not in line with the official position of the Debian
> > Project, I try to explicitly point this out.
>
> I hear what you're saying, and I sympathize with your plight. Changing
> minds in Debian is a hurculean task. But the dude asking the question
> wasn't a Debian decision-maker, he was just some guy asking about the
> DFSG-ness of a license as applied to a particular piece of software. I
> my opinion, the mailing list should provide him as direct and
> politics-free answer as possible.

That's what I was trying to provide, but I cannot quote the official
position when I do not know there's one.
For the choice of venue issue, I depicted the situation I was aware of
(long discussions, no clear consensus, but many people against such
clauses, including me!).

--
 http://www.inventati.org/frx/progs/scripts/pdebuild-hooks.html
 Need some pdebuild hook scripts?